Wednesday 11 November 2015

Negotiations

A little excerpt from my Nano "Filler" (wip title! :-p) that I had fun writing...reaaally slowly, because I'm behind again. As always.
The door swung open violently and Swansong slid through, two flintlock pistols trained on the warrior. "As a rule, I don't like people getting shot on my boat, so kindly put down your weapon before my cabin gets dirty," she said coolly.
The warrior looked around quickly, searching for a way to escape. Finally she sighed and uncocked her pistol, handing it to Ceres. "It's not loaded anyway, I lost my powder pouch on the way down."
Swan nudged her head in the direction of the bed and the warrior reluctantly moved over and sat down on it. "So what now?" she asked.
Swansong shrugged. "I don't have a small boat for you, so you're just going to wait until we hit a place for repairs. Then you get off."
"That's it?" the warrior asked.
Swansong shook her head. "That's the easy way. The other way is I shoot you in the foot and have the boy lying there like a plank bind it, and then we drop you off somewhere you won't make any noise for a while." She smiled. "Your choice, of course."
"I think I'll take the former," the warrior said wryly.
"Good, because these aren't loaded either," Swansong said, uncocking her pistols and holstering them.
The warrior raised an eyebrow in surprise. "You just expect me to stay here and play nice?"
"Hell no!" Swansong dismissed that idea with a wave of her hand. "This is my cabin."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ahoy Thar Shipmaet! We be sailin' t3h failboat seas!